Kat possesses superior intellect as shown in "Dial "B" For Babysitter " where he plots a plan against Old Lady Munson , but it was later revealed in the episode he was only trying to contact other Kats in space. He also has TWO extremely advanced brains as shown in "Nip/Duck."
Kat can survive and recover from punishment which could seriously injure if not kill normal cats and even humans let alone a human with considerably less damage. Examples:
- In "Trick or Threat" you can see Kat run right into a fence and break it without suffering any damage to himself.
- In "You Scream, I Scream" he survives electric shock and explosion from the potato battery powering Burt's car.
- He has also survived burns that would put a human in the hospital. In "Mind Games" he survive being covered by lava from vulcano, he also survived being being burned by focused beam of sunlight, that was hot enough to vaporize metal in "Bringin' the Heat".
- In the short "You And Whose Armour?" he survived direct hit from two rockets.
Kat could regenerate serious injuries that would kill normal cats or humans, his burns and scratches also disappear after a brief period of time. Examples:
- In "Storm Drained" kat gets struck by lightning, it causes his to turn into pile of dust, but he regenerates from it, and backs on his feet after few moments.
- In "U.F. Float" small explosion of kat's self-made rocket fuel visibly damages his ears, but he easily "shakes-off" his damage.
- In "Cheeks Of Evil" kat regenerates burns and bee stings after changing his shape into liquid.
He also possesses a different ability to recreate himself completely, by shedding his skin turning into group of thermite-like creatures and recombining himself inside of cocoon, as seen in "Itty Bitty Kitty Committee".
Kat has survived being encased in a block of ice on multiple occasions without any visible evidence of problems like frost bite, a condition which can cause humans to lose limbs or die when the water in their tissue crystalizes into ice.
This happens on Earth in Play N'Ice and Fangs for the Memories. Also in The Kat Went Back Part 1 he survives the vacuum of outer space clutching to a space ship as it travels through a wormhole to the Kat Planet, arriving encased in ice.
Ability to hold his breath
Kat could hold his breath for long time, as shown in "Down the Drain", while he was moving through sewage pipes with no air, similar situation happened in "Menace the Dennis". He also was able to survive being encased in block of ice or even outer space void, without any oxygen.
High relative strength
He is stronger than Earth animals his size. Examples:
- In "Nip/Duck," Kat holds Dennis ransom by holding his dad's piano above him (while Dennis is sleeping) in exchange for his X-rays.
- In Me Coop, You Kat he is able to push a black 4-drawer dresser with a large purple chair on top of it, a stack of furniture that rises past the door frame, across the room.
Kat has almost indestructible claws that can break just about any material. They are so strong that the vet needed a diamond tipped cutter to clip them, and even then the cutter was ruined, even though Kat was able to resharpen them easily enough. This is Kat most common attack against Coop . He has also been known to shoot lasers from them and weld with them, it is unknown if they are shiny enough to focus light or because of his cybernetics. Probobly the latter because he has been shown to do this indoors.
Claw energy beam
A narrow green beam of energy Kat uses:
- Against Mr. Cheeks and his hamsters in the saloon
- in Hot Dog Day to escape from the floor compartment Coop traps him in by removing the golden hot dog, though this may have been the red handgun or bazooka he is using later (or they might be upgrades) since the blast comes from off-screen
Claw heat rings
Kat uses this ability to create a expanding pulse-ray of heat, as shown in a short called "Movie Mayhem" and in the episode "How the Test Was Won." With this ability he can melt many objects. He used heat ray also in a short called "Boy Meats Grill."
Claw heat emanation
The power to produce heat from his claws. He uses this to melt the ice, steel, iron, about anything.
As seen in:
- "Play N'Ice"
- "Dire Education"
- "Over the Radar"
- "Hot Dog Day" when, resembling the title, Growler is launched steaming down the street while Kat smirks in the next shot with a red claw-tip, his paw cocked like a gun, with a trail of black smoke coming out of it
Opening locks with claws
Kat is able to use his claw as a key equivalent. He could quickly open doors or even start car engine using this ability. Examples:
- In "Tickled Pink" he starts garbage truck.
- In "Crouching Cooper, Hidden Kat" he opens dors to House of Swap.
Kat often combines the hard sharpness of his claws with their heat-generating power for an amplified attack:
- in Hot Dog Day he is able to cut through a tree over triple his arm's length in diameter using a single finger.
Ocular heat emanation
In Special Christmas 2/2, Kat uses X-ray vision to see which present holds the Captain Blasteroid Rocket Ship. It is unknown whether he can use X-ray vision in both eyes or just the left one as we only see him use his left eye in the episode. This proves that he is indeed part cyborg.
Kat possesses five rows of razor-sharp serrated fangs made out of titanium that can break through most Earth metals and even the toughest material in the universe, durasteel; one example is when he bent the hockey net Coop was guarding during "Play N'Ice." Another time is when he goes crazy in the episode "Trespassers Will Be Persecuted," because he has been eating catnip; if you notice in the episode, he actually bites off a piece of Old Lady Munson's gnome.
The power to make a pulse, even though he hasn't got one; it is unknown how he is able to do this, but it's probably thanks to one of the machines he has inside his body.
Extendible prehensile tail
The power to extend his tail to any length and manipulate it like another limb. Kat also uses his tail sometimes as a lasso. One obvious hint of this power is that Kat's tail is mostly curled up during the show; this proves it has the ability to extend outward.
One advantage that Kat uses all the time is that he doesn't have any hard parts in his entire body at all, just muscle, and the power to change into any shape or form without injuring himself. Kat used this ability on countless occasions, usually to break into a building, or even to break out of something.
In the short "Kat's Dance", he is able to separate his body parts and put them back together without injuring himself, while performing his dance moves.
GlidingCheeks of Evil," Kat was shown to have the ability to glide, like that of a flying squirrel. This has been seen in "Cheeks of Evil," "Keep On Rockin," "Over the Radar" and "9 to 5 to Oblivion."
Walking across ceiling
Kat has the ability to defy gravity and walk on the ceiling; this is seen in a couple of episodes, usually while Coop and Kat are alone (otherwise people would get suspicious that a cat is walking on the ceiling). It is unknown why Kat can walk on the ceiling; it is probably due to his razor sharp claws or it could be he just has the ability to do this.
Walking on water
In the short "A Squirrel Wind Adventure," Kat can walks on the water.
Can spit acid, in the form of a hairball, to burn though things. Examples:
- in "Class Act," he uses it to gain access to the vet at night
- in his experiments in "Planter's Warp"
- in "One Big, Happy Family" to gain access to the room the Burtonburgers are trapped in to torture Coop while he is told to stay on the stool.
- In "Nip/Duck" he is shown to have a machine inside his throat, so his acid saliva may come from that device.
- others of his species have used the ability in "Kat to the Future Part Two
Ability to consume dangerous chemicalsIt's A Rocket Man" Kat consumes a dose of rocket fuel. It only causes him to breathe with fire, without further injuries. He propably possesses this ability because of mechanical parts insite him.
Altering life with blood
Kat's blood has the ability to mutate certain creatures that come in contact with it, as seen in "Buzz Off!." It is unknown why Kat's blood can mutate creatures.
Creating life with vomit
Kat can spit evil living hairballs out of the material used for Millie's dolls' hair, as seen in "Hair Brains."